28 June 2007

Just in from my sister in Crozet, VA

Nothing to do with Paris but I couldn't resist! From my sis:

I was sitting at my computer when I spotted him loping through the

trees...(on phone with customer support at nTelos - she said a real
live bear outside your window?! I said I'll call you back later...).

I ran to get camera, and went outside. I was standing on our path,
near the bunny hutch, the bear was nearly in the neighbor's yard, just
at the edge of the woods. When he saw me, he took several galloping
strides towards me (to get a better look?) I quickly retreated to
just outside the basement door & took this picture. I think this is
the closest sighting yet.This is the only photo that isnt blurry...my
hand was a bit shaky at that point...

PS The dogs slept through the entire encounter. Lucky is out there
now barking - trying to make up for sleeping on the job? Or is bear
back? Must go check.

No comments: